Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

how to clear failed DSA driver logs once they have been installed

CyberZeex
Beginner

I use the Driver Support assistant for graphics and wireless driver updates some have failed, due to not enough battery or I simply just didn't have the time to install them when presented. (see image below).

CyberZeex_0-1697883129501.png

you'll notice in the image that the driver was installed five minutes later.

Is there any way to clear the failed install entry from the log, manually, as the software does not detect the later installation and does not then remove the failed install entry, which causes some confusion when looking at the history.

Apologies in advance if the wrong forum, first time posting a question to the community.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CyberZeexThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to your inquiry and in order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, I will do further research on this topic, to confirm if there is a way to manually clear the failed install entry from the log on the Intel® DSA tool. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello CyberZeex, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we can confirm that at this moment is not possible to manually clear the Intel® DSA history. We would like to thank you for your suggestion and let you know that this is something we can look to enable in the future, we will add this to our list of feature changes for next year. 

In that case, if you need to uninstall the tool, you can always do so using the Intel® DSA uninstaller:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19333/intel-driver-support-assistant-uninstaller.html?v=t

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ChillifiedChiller

I was able to clear all logs, not just the failed installs by deleting the following directory:

C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

(perhaps only deleting the Logs sub directory was necessary, but I deleted the whole thing)

This was done AFTER running the DSAUninstaller.exe, then rebooting.  I then reinstalled DSA via Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer.exe

Thus:

1.) Uninstall DSA via uninstall utility: DSAUninstaller.exe

2.) Reboot

3.) Navigate to and delete the DSA directory and all subdirectories located at: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA

4.) Reboot

5.) Reinstall DSA via: Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer.exe

Hope this helps

PB2005
Beginner

Hi ChillifiedChiller

Thats brilliant and worked for me

0 Kudos