Good day!

My apologies for not-so-good english.

My system:

MB - GA-H55N-USB3

CPU - i3-530

Cooling - Fan box-like

RAM - 2x2Gb DDR3-1333

HDD - 1Tb

Case+PSU - Coolermaster RC-100 (150W, through 12V - 10A)

Monitor - Acer V223w (1680x1050, connected via DVI)

System - WinXP SP3 with all the latest updates

The problem is the following:

When playing World of Warcraft, sometimes, the screen starts to shine with different colors. like rainbow. Only reboot helps. Sometimes you can spend a couple of hours in-game and nothing happened, sometimes after 5 minutes of the game it happens. For the first time it happened, even without running applications, just at boot (immediately after installing a clean OS, after installing the drivers does not happened again).

Thought maybe it overheated and use Everest during the game - nothing bad (cores 45-50, GMCH - 40-45, aux - about 40, the temperature of the integrated video core is not controlled as I understand, or just have not found its name).

There is also a possible shortage of power supply, have checked its output voltage under load (WOW and tried Linx for CPU burn), also all within normal limits. A more powerful PSU is not available, but I want to try.

What else could be the problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I'd recommend the following, additionally, based on the fact the problem in question "happened even at boot (immediately after installing a clean OS)":

1. Make sure you test with a 350W. power supply, as minimum.

2. Try with the most current video driver.

3. See to it that you try with the latest BIOS.

Note: Check the last two with the board manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have the same issue, with the same board. i am using an i5-650 processor. and a 500w coolermaster power supply. i have the latest bios and drivers from gigabyte. they are adamant that the issue is with intel.

the only info i would add to the conversation is that i can reset the display by unplugging it from the board and plugging it back in.

this is the first intel system that i have built in years. please prove to me that i made the right decision by solving this problem quickly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Search on local forums showed that this is not a processor problem but motherboard problem.

Warranty replacement wil help, i think.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

please provide a link to the information you refer to. as i said already, i spoke to gigabyte first, and they are adamant that the issue is with the integrated gpu and chipset.

0 Kudos
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

If you already tried with a 350W. power supply, as minimum, with the most current video driver, and latest BIOS, I'd next suggest either trying the CPU out on another, compatible, testing desktop board or having another, compatible, testing CPU tried on your board. This should confirm the culprit. If it happens to be the processor, indeed, and this is an Intel(R), please, contact Intel:

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/desktop/bdb/dg35ec/support/335115.htm http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/desktop/bdb/dg35ec/support/335115.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I can not provide a link, as it has been said in the conversation at a local store.

My motherboard has been replaced by the seller and the problem went away, as far as I can see.

By the way, a set of accessories with these boards was a little different, though the revision numbers on the board were the same.

Perhaps some of the first versions of the motherboard have this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos