Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14573 Discussions

i6700 + ASRock Fatal1ty ITX/ac = cant install any operating system

AKrem1
Beginner

Hi all,

My configuration is:

mobo: Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

cup: i7 6700 (SN: M592301Y01849, Batch: L543B896, product code: BX80662176700)

ram: G.Skill F4-3000C15D-32GTZ

ssd: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB,SATA

no external video card.

I have a problem with "freezing"/hanging up.

1. In case of Windows:

1.1. During Windows installation on loader's page after 1/4 part of circle animation everything freezes and cant do anything. Computer is not responding.

1.2. I've tried to boot up a computer from my previous computer (Win10x64) but everything freezed on loader screen also.

By loader screen I mean black screen with win logo and circle animation below.

2. In case of Linux (Ubuntu):

After that I chose something on grub screen (Try without installation or install) screen become black and only cursor blinks.

I've tried to install both Windows and Ubuntu from bootable USB and from borrowed DVD drive also - result is the same.

Have you ever heard about similar issue?

I've tried to disable/enable many suspicious things in UEFI but without success.

I've also tested memory in memtest - everything OK.

One guy from ASRock support told me :

If the installation stops at a certain point, it means that it found hardware that it cannot activate.

Intel has used different graphics in the 6700 CPU.

I know this, because one of our resellers used this CPU, and created an Image to quickly install Windows10

It always worked, until he received a new batch of 6700 CPU's, and suddenly his image didn't work anymore, only if he inserted a graphics card, it would work fine.

Intel doesn't mention anything, but to me it is clear they make modifications to the CPU's, there is no other explanation.

I received new mobo tommorow but the issue still exists. I also tried with kingston memories, without luck.

Could it be something with CPU? I dont have any additional devices connected to computer.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Adrian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AKrem1
Beginner

I borrowed external graphics for tests and... It works!

So the problem is in fact with integrated graphics in CPU.

Ok, the next question is. How to check what I have inside my CPU and what should be to work correctly without external GPU?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi adkr,

The graphics embedded in all 6th gen Core processors is the same even the mobile version: Intel® HD Graphics 530

Comparison chart

http://ark.intel.com/compare/88200,88195,88196 http://ark.intel.com/compare/88200,88195,88196

Now, in regards to your case, the issue could be related to the memories. The 6th gen processors support RAM of 2133MHz.

I suggest you to make a test using motherboard, CPU, 8GB of RAM at 2133MHz and try to install OS.

Note: this motherboard has the option to overclock the processor, turn the option off.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi adkr,

I am following up on your case. Let me know if you were able to install the operating system.

Mike C

0 Kudos