Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14623 Discussions

i7 12700H

Ahmed99
Beginner

i have ASUS TUF 15 with i7 12700 

in normal when i open my laptop processor temp be arond 50 -60 

and when i start play be 94 - 98 

this normal or what i have to do ?in gmaein gmaenormal when i open my laptopnormal when i open my laptop

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VonM_Intel

Hi, Ahmed99.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

It is not necessarily a bad thing. Many Intel® processors make use of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, which allows them to operate at very high frequency for a short amount of time. When the processor is operating at or near its maximum frequency, it's possible for the temperature to climb very rapidly and quickly reach its maximum temperature. In sustained workloads, it's possible the processor will operate at or near its maximum temperature limit. Being at maximum temperature while running a workload isn't necessarily cause for concern. Intel processors constantly monitor their temperature and can very rapidly adjust their frequency and power consumption to prevent overheating and damage.

Moreover, the maximum operating temperature limit varies per processor and usually is between 100°C-110°C. Other components within the system can also hit their thermal limits independently of the processor. If this is an OEM system such as a laptop or a desktop system, refer back to your OEM for product specifications.

You may refer to these links/articles for more information:

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos