Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14575 Discussions

i9-11900k too hot

Kr1on1x
Beginner

Hello everyone. Not so long ago I assembled a computer 11900k. And I was faced with the fact that he is very hot. Much hotter in reviews and at least on Reddit. When using adaptive acceleration + XMP I get 100 degrees Celsius per core as soon as I turn on the OCCT test. After the advice on Reddit, I decided to tune everything manually and got a frequency of 5 Hz across all cores at a voltage of 1.350 per core. However, in the XTU test I catch temperature throttling. In games, this frequency is reset. I have tried disabling all AVX instructions but with no success. Tried changing the thermal paste from MX-4 to Thermalright TFX.
Thinking that it was my cooling, I tried to put my old Fractal Design Celsius s36 but got the results slightly worse than on the previous AIO. I tried to do everything I could, and completely opened the case and even put in another RAM. The result is always the same. Could this be a defective processor or motherboard?

MSI MPG Z590 GAMING EDGE WIFI
i9-11900k
Palit GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GamingPro
G.Skill TRIDENT Z Neo RGB, 3600 xmp, cl18 4x8gb

1000 gb SSD M.2 Silicon Power US70
250gb Samsung evo 970
1tb Toshiba 7200prm
Corsair 275R Airflow
Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB x 3
MSI MPG CORELIQUID K360

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Kr1on1x

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand you have opened a chat support ticket with us regarding this same question and the same environment. In this case, we will continue to help you through that channel now and we will therefore close this community case. Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos