Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14573 Discussions

i9-14900K temperatures

Sibelius
Novice

I recently bought a computer with an i9-14900K and a RTX 4090 graphics card. I have installed a 420 mm liquid cooling. The temperatures of the processor working in Windows oscillates between 53º and 58º, and playing PUBg with 4K resolution between 95º and 100º. Are these temperatures normal? They seem a little high to me, especially those reached while playing games. Thanks in advance for the answer.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sibelius,   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having high temperatures while playing games.

I would like to let you know that your processor supports up to 100°C and any temperatures below it are normal and expected. Bear in mind that some games are CPU-demanding and may cause the CPU to increase usage and temperature.

Let me know if you are having crashes or a blue screen of death and list the games affected by this behavior.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sibelius, 

I would like to know if you have experienced performance issues, crashes, or "Blue Screen of Death". Let me know if you need further support.

I will be waiting for your next response,

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Sibelius
Novice

No, I have not experienced any problems. Also, the processor temperatures have improved a lot after reinstalling the liquid cooling, which, apparently, was not properly mounted. Now it never exceeds 65º. Thanks for your interest.

Mahibur
Novice

Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you please explain how you solved the issue in detail?

0 Kudos
Sibelius
Novice

The technician who assembled the computer disassembled the liquid cooling and found that it was not making good contact with the processor. As he explained to me, he added some washers, put a better quality thermal paste and the temperatures dropped drastically.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sibelius, 

Thanks for your confirmation. I am glad to know that the processor is not working as expected after reinstalling the liquid cooling. I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you encounter any issues with our products.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
PunkNugget
Beginner

I actually have the same CPU and it is sitting comfortably at around 35°C (70°C to 75°C when I’m using a rendering app to test its limits). The only reason why is because I have completely delidded the CPU and used the EK-Quantum Velocity² Direct Die D-RGB - 1700 Nickel + Plexi Waterblock. Yes, I know that warranty is now completely voided, but again, if I can shave off about 15°+ Celsius, then it’s completely worth it wouldn’t you think? You may desire to consider doing that. There is a great video on YouTube that shows you instructionally what to do. It’s not that difficult.

0 Kudos
NiklasB
Beginner

Hi, I have the problem that my 14900k goes alsways up to 80 degrees Celsius or more and I think that is to much, im not even play on a high resolution, just 4:3 1280x960p (CS2)

At the moment I use an air cooler and I think I should switch to water, wich one can you recommend?I hope I could get tempretures about 65 degrees and not 80 or even more.

And are there any "tricks" I could use to get the tempreture down, exept a liquid cooler?

0 Kudos
PunkNugget
Beginner
This is what I did to reduce my temps to 32°C to 34°C:

https://youtu.be/258mCuhm650?si=Ag-ZPkgv6CPmkKQ0

If you’re confident about how to go about this and the parts that you’ll need to purchase, it’s honestly worth it. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos