Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

intel® pentium® processor n3710

JDuqu1
Beginner

Hello guys,

I need to buy a little notebook to study, read the pdf files and watch the video lessons and I would like to buy a dell´s notebook with led 11,6.

I need to know if the intel® pentium® processor n3710 is good for that.

The model is i11-3168-a10.

This has 4gb memory and it is not expansive. I don´t know if I remove this memory and put the 8g memory, it will recognize.

I also would like to know if I can change the hard disk (HDD) to SDD.

Does anyone help me?

Thank you

juduque

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Well, for the hardware questions regarding memory and hdd/ssd, those are great questions for DELL to answer. It is their notebook and they know what it will support. Yes, more memory is good for the OS, and an SSD will certainly improve performance. But, check with DELL.

For the processor, here it is:

https://ark.intel.com/products/91830/Intel-Pentium-Processor-N3710-2M-Cache-up-to-2_56-GHz Intel® Pentium® Processor N3710 (2M Cache, up to 2.56 GHz) Product Specifications

My opinion? Yes, this will support your reading PDF files and video lessons. BUT - it is already more than two years old, and low on the performance side. So, it will support what you want, but if you veer off into games and such, I doubt you will be pleased.

I would think you could get a better notebook with memory and SSD, and a better/more current processor, rather than trying to upgrade this particular DELL notebook.

Just an opinion.

Doc

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, for the hardware questions regarding memory and hdd/ssd, those are great questions for DELL to answer. It is their notebook and they know what it will support. Yes, more memory is good for the OS, and an SSD will certainly improve performance. But, check with DELL.

For the processor, here it is:

https://ark.intel.com/products/91830/Intel-Pentium-Processor-N3710-2M-Cache-up-to-2_56-GHz Intel® Pentium® Processor N3710 (2M Cache, up to 2.56 GHz) Product Specifications

My opinion? Yes, this will support your reading PDF files and video lessons. BUT - it is already more than two years old, and low on the performance side. So, it will support what you want, but if you veer off into games and such, I doubt you will be pleased.

I would think you could get a better notebook with memory and SSD, and a better/more current processor, rather than trying to upgrade this particular DELL notebook.

Just an opinion.

Doc

JDuqu1
Beginner

Al Hill,

You are right, but the problem is I can´t ask to Dell support, because I don´t have the product /serial number and I

can´t find the other model with the better process in led 11.6

:/

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can chat with Dell. I have done it before. It is important for you to save the chat session, as you cannot rely on the accuracy of the DELL representative. In case the information Dell provides is incorrect, you will have the chat session to hold them accountable.

You may also want to explore other laptops/notebooks from other manufacturers. Or, you can download the technical specification and explore it yourself to see if the memory and hdd can be upgraded. Usually, for the product on the dell website, there is an area where you can examine/explore upgrades for the product. Check that.

Again, this is Dell's product and you need to have them confirm the upgrades are possible.

Doc

0 Kudos
JDuqu1
Beginner

Yes, I will try to chat with them.

Thank you!

0 Kudos