Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

my i9 10900K hitting 100degree temp at idle

HarshGaming
Novice

I am seeking urgent assistance with a persistent overheating issue affecting my Intel i9 10900K processor, which is consistently reaching temperatures as high as 100°C even at idle. Despite having replaced the thermal paste and checked the associated all-in-one (AIO) cooling system, the issue persists.

Details:

• Processor: Intel i9 10900K
  • Symptoms: CPU temperature rapidly escalates to 100°C at idle.
  • Cooling System: AIO cooler (specific model not mentioned).
  • Observations: One of the AIO pump cables exhibits heat, while the other does not, indicating potential malfunction.
  • Troubleshooting Attempts: Thermal paste replacement, BIOS reset to default settings, and AIO system inspection.
  • Additional Information: On boot, the BIOS initially reads the CPU temperature at 37°C, which then escalates by approximately one degree per second, reaching 90°C swiftly.

This overheating issue also triggers a "CPU Over Temperature Error" upon restart, followed by a prompt to press F1 to enter BIOS setup.

Given these details, I would appreciate any guidance on further troubleshooting steps or any specific settings within the BIOS that should be adjusted to address this issue. It is critical to resolve this promptly to prevent potential hardware damage and system instability.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I am looking forward to your expert advice.

Best regards,

Harsh 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello HarshGaming,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• When did the issue start? and did the system work fine before? This is to check if there have been any changes made in the system that might have caused the issue.
  • Are you having any blue screens on your system? If yes, what is the error message?
  • Have you tried another processor on your system or tried another motherboard on the reported processor to check if it's the processor that is having an issue?
  • Is it possible that you can share with us a photo of your processor temperature so we can check it on our end?

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Carmona A.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
HarshGaming
Novice
i am having this issue from past 10 days before it was working fine and there is no blue screen no i haven’t tried another processor coz i don’t have anyone with 10th gen processor so but yeah i have given my motherboard for replacement because it was under warranty let’s seee after new motherboard yeah i can share the photo of the temperature of the processor
ACarmona_Intel

Hello HarshGaming, 

Thank you so much for the response.

Based on my understanding of your response, you have filed a warranty replacement for your motherboard. Please let me know if the issue still persists with the new motherboard so we can take our next step.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello HarshGaming, 

Does the issue still persist even with the new motherboard? If yes, please let me know so we can take our next step.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
HarshGaming
Novice

yes the issue is still there what should i do next ?

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello HarshGaming,

Please check your email inbox, as we have sent you a message regarding our concern.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
HarshGaming
Novice
I replied there please look into it
0 Kudos