Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11680 Discussions

n4000 processor

Eugene11
Beginner

I would like to know if my N4000 processor(1.1GHz) can be upgraded  (to min 2.0GHz) without losing the warranty?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

I assume you mean with a better processor?  The answer is probably no, as your processor is likely soldered to the motherboard.  It may bepossible if the processor is on a "daughter" card that can be replaced.   Assuming so, the bios of your motherboard would have to support the upgrade processor, which would be on a daughter card that can be purchased from them.

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).