Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14575 Discussions

undervolting guides

chugzillafx
New Contributor I

is there a reason there is no official intel guides on how to undervolt?

makes no sense they have them for overclocking.

and what does INTEL POR mean? i have it in my gigabyte motherboard settings under turbo power limit section.

and why did all my responses get deleted does anyone know?

or do you have to be at a certain level to answer and help others?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello chugzillafx, 

Thank you for bringing our attention to creating an undervolt/clock guide for our unlocked CPU. I have already notified our team about this, and we will consider this suggestion. 

However, I do want to let you know that non-K processors should not be undervolted.  You may check this article for more details: Is It Possible to Undervolt a Locked Intel® Core™ Non-K Processor?

As for the meaning of Intel POR, this abbreviation means "Plan of Record," which is an approved internal document on any product on its progress, specifications, roadmaps, etc. It is not for the public, as it is confidential.

As for the deletion of your post, can you please tell me more about this? 

I can assure you that you do not need to be on a certain level to help others in the community; you may simply reply to the post with your suggestion. 

For now, please tell me more details about the posts that got deleted so we can try to check this for you. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 
Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
chugzillafx
New Contributor I

thx for the reply i know you guys answer hundreds of posts daily so tyvm.

yeah, i have a 14700K and im undervolting it using a loadline calibration someone taught me along with true intel default specs of 253-253-307.

but EVERYONE undervolts different so an official guide from you guys would be nice or presets in XTU would be helpful instead of only OC options.

well as i told you i have something in my MB settings called INTEL POR as an option in the turbo power limit section.

and yes, every single response i have made to other users is gone.

i was trying to help them by telling them how to adjust the MB settings to intel specs so they are not overheating.

i made at least 6-8 replies and they are all gone from the posts.

maybe I'm not allowed to give out settings?

this is what i posted.

i said all MB's come with a stock Oc performance mode set and that we need to adjust them to intel specs.

i said depending on the CPU it varies but as an example i said the 14700K is PL1=PL2=253 ICCMAX=307. just simple settings like that.

and i posted a link to a YouTube video explaining this.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello chugzillafx, 

Apologies for the delay in my response. We will continue on working for an undervolting guide on unlocked processors. 

As for the posts that got deleted, may I please know the thread where in you sent this replies? This information will be helpful to us so we can investigate this properly for you. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
chugzillafx
New Contributor I

well from what i remember it was every single post on the 14700K that was made recently. i went through them all and anything i posted is gone.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello chugzillafx, 

Since that is the case, I want to check with my team so we can investigate this for you. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible on this thread. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
DerrickOlley
Beginner

I also didn’t find answers to my questions even in the Intel tutorial! ! But I continue to search and have already found some answers myself!

0 Kudos