Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20742 Discussions

Altera Monitor Program Compilation Error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I am new to Altera and was trying out the tutorial downloaded from the website using Altera Monitor Program v4.1 with QuartusII 9.1 installed on Windows 7.  

But I run into error "dirname: extra operand `files'. when trying to compile the source file using Altera Monitor Program v4.1. I tried a few fixes like eliminating spaces in directory path, uses a shorter path, reinstall the program, running as administrator...but it still gives the same error... 

I've been struggling for a day...appreciate if someone can give a hint.  

Thank you. 

--Info & Error screen capture:  

Compiling source files... 

nios2-elf-as --gstabs -I C:/altera/91/nios2eds/components/altera_nios2/sdk/inc -I C:/mydata/test_assem C:/mydata/test_assem/getting_started.s -o C:/mydata/test_assem/getting_started.s.o  

dirname: extra operand `files' 

try `dirname --help' for more information

Linking... 

nios2-elf-ld --defsym nasys_program_mem=0x0 --defsym nasys_data_mem=0x0 --section-start .exceptions=0x20 --section-start .reset=0x0 -e _start -u _start --script c:/altera/91/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/build/nios_as_build.ld -g -o C:/mydata/test_assem/getting_started.elf C:/mydata/test_assem/getting_started.s.o  

dirname: extra operand `files' 

try `dirname --help' for more information

Compilation stopped.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think i've found the problem with the user path setting under the windows environment. Please end this thread. Thanks.

0 Kudos