Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20726 Discussions

Cyclone 10 GX Development Kit factory recovery issue

yong
Beginner

Hello,

I am having some issues to perform Cyclone 10 GX Development Kit factory recovery. I follow the instructions to restore the factory build (see the attached readme file from the kit collateral downloaded from Intel website).

After I programmed max10.sof (from the kit collateral) via Quartus programmer. The LED  D16 (green) and D13 (Red) are on, which indicates FPGA configuration failed. I am not sure if this is expected.

Then I execute BoardTestSystem GUI application. I got an error message "FPGA is not detected in the Jtag Chain.".

Can you please let me know what is wrong and how to solve the problem? Thanks!

The max10.sof and BoardTestSystem application are from the Kit Collateral Version A downloaded from Intel webpage:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/cyclone-10-gx-development-kit.html

Test screenshots are attached.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
yong
Beginner

Thank you very much for the great support!

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure helping you. Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
yong
Beginner

Thanks again for your great help!

You can close this case now. I contacted Intel distributor - DigiKey as your instruction and working with them on RMA. I will contact you if there is any problem.

Thanks and have a good weekend! 

0 Kudos
KeeganJ
Novice

Hello, I unfortunately think I have the same problem.

I recently launched BoardTestSytem.exe and clicked on restore Max10 to make sure I was starting from a fresh state, but after re-programming it is not able to connect to the board anymore.

Is there any more information on how to recover or have I bricked my development board?

0 Kudos
KeeganJ
Novice

I was able to resolve by manually loading the Max10 system firmware through Quartus programmer. The procedure is to open Programmer, select USB-BlasterII (it is on-board dev kit), auto-detect devices (select 10M08SA then 10CS220Y in the prompts), right click 10M08SA and CHANGE file to devkit_collateral\examples\system_max10\max10.pof (be sure not to ADD file), at the top check Program/Configure next to the line with the file path, then hit START.

The instructions provided by Intel for factory reset are not very detailed hope this helps someone.

Still having issues with BTS but not related to this thread.

0 Kudos