Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20751 ディスカッション

Debugging 4 nios II cores

Altera_Forum
名誉コントリビューター II
912件の閲覧回数

Hi , 

I have made a system with 4 NIOS II cores each with its level 1 jtag. One core is connected to the JTAG UART. 

My understanding according to the documentation is that i can debug multiple NIOS cores at the same time using the NIOS II SBT. I have previously done so for 2 NIOS cores.  

But in the 4 NIOS core case when i try debug the software project for the 3-rd core i still only get 2 valid debug targets.( which is for core -1 and 2 ) 

Since i have 4 nios cores shouldn't i get 4 targets to choose from in the debug configuration. 

I am using Quatrus II 9.1 with sp2 web edition and NIOS EDS 9.1 . Any help would be appreciated  

p.s Just wondering if i am correct in assuming that adding JTAG UARTs would not be necessary to add valid debug targets
0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)
Altera_Forum
名誉コントリビューター II
254件の閲覧回数

Hi All, 

I have attached screenshots of the sopc system and the targets shown in the Nios EDS. As can be seen i only get 2 targets to attach to rather than the expected 4 targets for the 4 CPU's.. 

I have checked this in a Quatrus II 10 subscription edition as well ( same problem ) so it seems to be an issue with the system i have built. 

Any help would be appreciated
Altera_Forum
名誉コントリビューター II
254件の閲覧回数

Hi, i also meet problem in multi-core debugging, have you solved it?

返信