CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20719 Discussions

EP1K30TI144-2 FPGA

Firaseng
Novice

Hi All,

I urgently need to know if I can swap the EP1K30TI144-2 FPGA  with

EPF10K10AQI208-3

does not require much code changes? it will be used in new product development at my company.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Why would you replace a about 25 year old device with an even older one? Smallest device of recent Cyclone 10 or MAX 10 series has much more resources.

Porting VHDL logic should be no problem at all. Why don't you simply try to compile your project for the different device?

0 Kudos
Firaseng
Novice

Hello FvM,

I am trying to avoid the Max 5 or Max 10 because of the pinout difference from my original IC , EP1K30TI144-2 also due to concerns that the code may not compile and we dont have much time to trouble shoot it.

For the reasoning behind going with EPF10K10AQI208-3,it was because its available to buy immediately and that the pinout is similar to that of the EP1K30TI144-2.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. To answers your question, yes it does not require so much code changes if you want to transfer to other device.

On top of that we highly recommend you use the latest device such as MAX10 because the current device that you are using is a really old device and the technical support for the device is really limited.

Hope that helps and do let me know if I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Do you have further question?

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos