Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20751 Discussions

Error 169182 with Cyclone 10 LP

AlexBarry
Novice

I am compiling a design for the Cylcone 10 LP (10CL025YE144I7G).  We use using active serial configuration mode.  Currently, we have a 3.3V LVCMOS output signal on pin 11.  When I added the serial flash loader, I started getting a 169182 error ("Cannot place I/O pin SLF1:xxxx in pin location 12 -- possible switch coupling..."

The knowledge base article I found on this (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000079651.html) indicates this is a restriction for some Cyclone III and IV parts, but doesn't mention Cyclone 10 LP.

Can I correct this without moving the output signal pin away from pin 11?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you have tried to change the I/O standard of that pin to 2.5V?

did the error message still observed?

If yes, then it is likely the same rule happened for the device as well which is to minimizes noise coupling from neighboring I/Os to the DCLK pin.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
AlexBarry
Novice

We have not tried that, since all of the devices attached to the FPGA will require 3.3V IO.  The configuration device is also 3.3V. We do have the option of moving this signal to another pin.

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hi,
why do you need SFL integrated with application code. Standard solution would be default SFL image loaded by programmer, it doesn't conflict with any application pin assignments. 

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you tried the solution suggested by @FvM?

0 Kudos