Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20755 Discussions

Help with sending data using 245 FIFO Mode with vb.net wrapper

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using the VB.NET wrapper for FTD2XX.dll and I am attempting to send bytes in Sync FIFO mode to a Morph-IC-II. I was able to find/program/setup the device o.k. but I am unsure exactly how to send the data/ I know the FPGA should set RD# low when it is ready to receive data, but I do not see any examples of how to check this. I have code written to read a file (small buffer) and I am writing the data to another file rather than to the device. I have the FT_Write_Bytes remarked out because I know there is more I need to do to get it to work correctly without locking up. The FPGA is already set up to receive.  

Private Sub Button_Send_Clicked(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button_Send.Click Dim StartAt As Int64 = 0 Dim NumBytesToCopy As Int64 Dim TotalBytesCopied As Int64 = 0 Dim bytesRead As Integer Dim buffer(360) As Byte Dim infoReader As System.IO.FileInfo Using inFile As New System.IO.FileStream(StreamFileName, IO.FileMode.Open, IO.FileAccess.Read) infoReader = My.Computer.FileSystem.GetFileInfo(StreamFileName) NumBytesToCopy = infoReader.Length inFile.Seek(StartAt, IO.SeekOrigin.Begin) Using outFile As New System.IO.FileStream("test2.txt", IO.FileMode.Create, IO.FileAccess.Write) Do If NumBytesToCopy - TotalBytesCopied < buffer.Length Then ReDim buffer(NumBytesToCopy - TotalBytesCopied) End If bytesRead = inFile.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length) If bytesRead > 0 Then 'FT_Status = FT_Write_Bytes(FT_Handle, buffer(0), bytesRead, BytesWritten) outFile.Write(buffer, 0, bytesRead) TotalBytesCopied = TotalBytesCopied + bytesRead End If Loop While bytesRead > 0 AndAlso TotalBytesCopied < NumBytesToCopy AndAlso CancelSend = False End Using End Using If FT_Status <> FT_OK Then CommLostError("Write Failed") Exit Sub End If If (DeviceInit = True) Then FT_Status = FT_Close(FT_Handle) If FT_Status = FT_OK Then TB_Status.Text = "Closed" End If End If Close() End Sub
0 Kudos
0 Replies