Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20754 Discussions

Manually routing signals to the LUT inputs

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I would like to develop an Arbiter PUF on a Cyclone III Starter Kit ( http://people.csail.mit.edu/devadas/pubs/puf-dac07.pdf). The result of this circuit is very dependant on the implementation, and so I would like to make a circuit the more symmetrical as I can.  

To develop my circuit, I would like to know if there is a way to route signals to a specific LUT input. For example, I would like to know if I can assign a signal to the input port DataA of a LUT and when I duplicate this function, the signal is still assigned to the good port. 

I already tried to back annotate one LUT after an ECO change in the Chip Planner, and when I compile or recompile this one, the signal is assigned to the right port but when I instantiate multiple LUTs, from the first one, the assignment is lost and the signal is assigned to a random LUT input.  

I also tried to edit an EDIF file but I’ve got some problems with the LOCAL_INTERCONNECT values because when I change the value of the signals’ port the compiler show me an error on those values.
0 Kudos
0 Replies