Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Substitutions EP1C6T144I7N; EP1C4F324BGA

MarkHalpin
Novice

EP1C6T144I7N ; EP1C4F324BGA; and EPCS4SI8N have gone obsolete.  Are there drop-in replacements for these?

Thank you

Labels (1)
12 Replies
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Good day

Thank you for reaching out. I'm Nazrul Naim looking into your issue and allow me some time to look into your issue. I shall come back to you with findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
MarkHalpin
Novice

Hi Nazrul,

Please excuse my inexperience.  I have only used FPGAs a few times.  We have several boards using the above parts, we need the least painful solution.  We'd like to not reinvent the wheel.

Thank you,

Mark

MarkHalpin
Novice

Hi Nazrul,

Is EPCQ4ASI8N a replacement for EPCS4SI8N?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
givememessage
New Contributor I

Are P1C6T144I7N; EP1C4F324; and EPCS4SI8N expired? When I purchased from the dealer yesterday, he still had a large amount of stock.

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

What dealer? Aliexpress? Or some other gray market distributor?

Per Intel PDN1810 last time shipment of new Cyclone series FPGAs was Sept 2019.

MarkHalpin
Novice

Yes, they are all discontinued.  And yes, some are still available.  Would you mind sharing your dealer in case Intel offers no solution for these chips they've inherited from Altera that they've seem to have abandoned.  I have had no formal assistance whatsoever from Intel on this. 

givememessage
New Contributor I

You can check your post tag which is the contact email to be able to sign a one month warranty agreement

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For your information, there is no direct drop-in replacement for the devices mentioned above.

If you got the devices from formal distributors, you shouldn’t worry on the device authenticity/validity as the devices must be valid units. Otherwise, we do not ensure the device quality and do not provide the further service.

You may find the authorized distributor list from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy.html

Do let me know if I can help any further with the request.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
MarkHalpin
Novice

Hi Nazrul,

Can you recommend devices to transition to that are most a like the discontinued EP1C6T144I7N ; EP1C4F324BGA; and EPCS4SI8N?  Can the programs be transitioned to the new devices?

Thanks,

Mark

givememessage
New Contributor I

Why is transition needed? I do not understand. It was obviously still in stock when I bought it. Engineers should rely on themselves. They only give ambiguous opinions.

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

Yeah well most if not all manufacturing engineers and purchasing / production departments don't like to commit to producing products with discontinued parts, and/or sourcing parts on the grey market where the provenance is unknown. They are kind of funny like that.

If it is a hobbyist or school project then that is one thing. But a revenue product that sustains a company is something else entirely.

I don't think even one of Intel's authorized distributors has the Cyclone I family devices in stock anymore. Cyclone I was introduced in 2002, last ship in 2019,  and is based on 130nm technology. Newer Cyclone 3/4/5/10 devices are using 20nm to 65nm technology.

0 Kudos