Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20735 Discussions

Transport Stream backpressure signal

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm currently stuck with Video Over IP design on a Cyclone 3C40 board, reduced to ASI-to-Ethernet. 

The main problem concerns missing packets on the LAN (errors = missing CC frame under Wireshark & high number of corrupted packets under VLC). 

After deep observation of the first block "auk_ts_input.v" thanks to SignalTap II Logic Analyzer, output 32-bit frames (which feed UDP and RTP encapsulation blocks) seem to be already corrupted (transport stream CC field is not incrementing +1 for each PID packet but randomly +2 or +3). 

More exactly, the "ts_ready" signal is negated when a missing ts packet is engaged (byte 0x47). If we refer to Altera VoIP documentation : 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

ts_ready  

Output 

Flow control to TS source.  

The ts_ready signal is negated if the input buffer is full. If the TS source cannot be flow controlled, ensure that the input data  

rate is less than the RTP packet output rate. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

My idea is now to include this "ts_ready" backpressure signal into a block which will preceed the "auk_ts_input.v" block, like this : 

(view atteched scheme) 

# does someone know an altera megawizard block which assumes this particular function ?? or maybe an opensource vhdl example ?? 

Thanks for your help guys and sorry for my poor language :-)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

Can you send me the new an374 package on my e-mail:sochuangdz@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sochuang: Download it yourself: 

Altera website > Products > Literature > Application notes
0 Kudos