Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20751 Discussions

Ubuntu JTAG problem

fey
Beginner

Hi,

I have Quartus Lite 17.1 on Ubuntu 20.04. At programmer I don't see my device. When I write lsusb, I saw Altera USB-BlasterII but programmer cant see the device. I looked forums and i tried solutions but nothing could help. Some says edit the rules but I dont even have 51-usbblaster.rules file. When I did jtagdconfig on terminal I'm getting jtagdconfig: command not found. This made me think it may cause of drivers but didnt saw anything about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to check if the board has embedded USB blaster, then only it is possible to use USB type B.

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you try to unsintalled and re-installed the USB blaster II driver? Make sure to correctly installed the driver.

Also, can you use latest Quartus version which is version 23.1?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
fey
Beginner

Hi,

I have to figure it out without using 23.3 because my project was designed for 17.1 and would be better to use it.

I'm not sure that I installed USB blaster II driver. Can you give me a link for correct driver?

Regards,

Feyza

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The download cable drivers are included in the Intel Quartus Prime software installation. Please refer to below userguide:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/215664/intel-fpga-download-cable-ii/specifications.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
fey
Beginner

Thank you, it solved for Usb blaster II. But I have one more cable for another FPGA and it uses USB type B 3.0 for programming. What should I do so Programmer can see the device?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Additionally, please ensure that the USB blaster II are from Intel authorized distributor.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to check if the board has embedded USB blaster, then only it is possible to use USB type B.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
fey
Beginner

Ok, now I have connection, thank you.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos