Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20623 Discussions

Windows10"Chuwi"brand LAPT0P.One audio jack for headphones.need MIC Though.

LoudInformationTiger

The existingdriver didnt say realtek although I've heard this doesn't mean it isn't one of their products perhaps they hope it becomes a distant memory of subpar products fromthe bad part of town.. but so..i installed a driver here from this, where we are at right now. but I'm thinking (deeply. 3/5 ) that it may not be ....ya know.."the one" for this hopeless machine

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28433/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-for-Windows-10-64-bit-for-NUC8i7BE-NUC8i5BE-NUC8i3BE

Infact I'm  sure of it. i guess i wanna know what information about his this computer i need to provide in exchange for an accurate peice of software. Ive beenn told this audio-out can be coaxed into believing its a *&^%$# Microphone hole and, boy would it be swell to make that happen. Thank you and Goodnight dont let the Covid bite, but if it does you'll prolly be jjust fine.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewG_Intel

Hello LoudInformationTiger

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on your inquiry description, we noticed that this is regarding a third-party laptop and issues/questions about the Realtek* audio component. In this case, we recommend addressing these concerns to your laptop manufacturer for proper assistance. In this scenario, your laptop manufacturer is the best channel of support since they are the ones that designed and integrated the system and the components, as well they are the ones that handle all its technical details and features supported, including if the 3.5 audio jack supports microphone functionality (a.k.a "combo jack/headset).

In the following link, you may find contact information to Chuwi Support* and a top menu linking to different options for Laptops and Tablets where you may review if there are software and/or drivers available for your system.

It is worth mentioning that the "Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver" in the link that you shared is offered and validated by Intel® only for some specific Intel® NUC models. We cannot guarantee this driver will install and work on third-party systems. The recommendation is to get the drivers for your system directly from the laptop manufacturer's website.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos