Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20799 Discussions

experience with USB Blaster clones?

Niko3
New Contributor I

Hi, I have problems that after downloading a pof file the CPLD doesn't work correctly.

Simulation of the design is successful.

Programming and verification with Quartus II programer via USB Blaster is 100% successful. I tested with an EPM3064ATC44 and an EPM240T100C5N. The outputs of the CPLDs (QA .. QD from a 4bit counter) are different but both are wrong.

I doubt if the USB Blaster is ok. It is a cheap clone from ebay. Searching in the internet I found descriptions of the schematic of different USB Blaster types. Mine contains only a STM32FEBKC6T6, no more chips. The missing level converter at the output should be no problem because my boards are working with 3.3V, the same as the STM-chip.

Has anybody experience with this type of USB Blaster?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Sorry to tell you that we do not ensure the quality of clones devices. Hence we are unable to provide further service for this case.

I now transition this thread to community support. f you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos