Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20735 Discussions

i need an FPGA kit with transceiver's for the purpose running LTE layers on it ...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

please provide me with some suggestions ASAP.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

please provide me with some suggestions ASAP. 

--- Quote End ---  

You will only get ASAP responses if you take the time to describe what you want to do. 

How many transceivers, what frequency, etc? What IP, eg. CPRI? 

Show people that you've at least tried to look at the documentation, and you will then get some reasonable feedback. 

The devices that have transceivers are the low-range Cyclone GX, mid-range Arria, and high-end Stratix GX/GT. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for tht .... 

i have developed the lte layer 2 which works for the frequencies between 3 MHZ to 20 MHZ ..... so i need to implement this all layer coding on FPGA with one transceiver as a base station and othr as an user equipment .... so m confused which kit should i work on .... i have seen stratix v kit with it requirement ... help me if u can with this ...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

i have developed the lte layer 2 which works for the frequencies between 3 MHZ to 20 MHZ ..... so i need to implement this all layer coding on FPGA with one transceiver as a base station and othr as an user equipment  

--- Quote End ---  

You still haven't explained what the operating characteristics of your transceivers are. I've never looked at LTE requirements, and many others with transceiver experience may not have either. 

I am sure Altera has some application note, or MegaCore users guide, explaining some of this stuff. Try and have a look at their documents.  

If you can explain what you want to do with the transceiver in terms of clocking, encoding requirements (8B/10B ), input/output data widths and rates, number of lanes, etc., then we can suggest FPGA families. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos