Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20782 Discussions

pci_mt32 doesn't behave as specified in User Guide

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have been checking out this forum for a while, but this is my first post. I have a small problem with the Altera pci_mt32 module which I don't know how to resolve. 

Background: I am using a StratixII GX device and have instantiated the pci_mt32 component using the Quartus Mega Wizard tool. I am currently testing the pci_mt32 module using ModelSim. The pci_mt32 is connected on one side to my local design, while on the other to the testbench generated by the Quartus tool. 

Problem: Using ModelSim I can see that the device does not behave as it should. Namely, while doing a single memory write the pci_mt32 module doesn't assert the lt_ackn and lt_dxfrn signals. Furthermore when I do a burst write, the lt_ackn and lt_dxfrn signals are not asserted for the first data sample, but they are asserted for the rest of the burst. 

Obviously this is a problem as I can't write a single value via the pci_mt32, and also when doing a burst I can not write the first value in the burst. 

Has anyone encountered this problem before? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all, 

I have been checking out this forum for a while, but this is my first post. I have a small problem with the Altera pci_mt32 module which I don't know how to resolve. 

Background: I am using a StratixII GX device and have instantiated the pci_mt32 component using the Quartus Mega Wizard tool. I am currently testing the pci_mt32 module using ModelSim. The pci_mt32 is connected on one side to my local design, while on the other to the testbench generated by the Quartus tool. 

Problem: Using ModelSim I can see that the device does not behave as it should. Namely, while doing a single memory write the pci_mt32 module doesn't assert the lt_ackn and lt_dxfrn signals. Furthermore when I do a burst write, the lt_ackn and lt_dxfrn signals are not asserted for the first data sample, but they are asserted for the rest of the burst. 

Obviously this is a problem as I can't write a single value via the pci_mt32, and also when doing a burst I can not write the first value in the burst. 

Has anyone encountered this problem before? 

Thanks in advance. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to find a solution? 

Regards, 

Grant
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Found the problem. The pci_mt32 core was being clocked by a PLL and not directly from the pci clock pin.

0 Kudos