Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20745 Discussions

problem with running hello_world in SBT

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi; I'm new in altera, I have build a simple hello world project in nios software built tools, it was compiled and also downloaded into the cycloneIII board, but it wont be run and this errors will occur: C:\altera\11.0\nios2eds\bin\gnu\H-i686-mingw32\bin\nios2elf-objcopy.exe 'Found':No such file Found.srec:Unable to open input file rm:can not remove 'Found.srec':No such file or directory I dont have any idea what 'Found' file is??? please help me Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is your project name? Do you have a space in your project path by any chance? Spaces can confuse the building tools.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for your reply,I checked my project path but there wasn't any space,but i found that there is no srec file in my project folder,is this the problem?if so whats the solution?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

those kind of files should only be needed if you intend to flash your application, not if you just want to run it. How do you try to run your application? Did you set any flashing or programming options?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I made a project from bsp template, hello world,then built the project and then run as a nios2 hardware, I didn't made any flash or programming,when i use monitor program for building a softwre it generates srec file but sbt doesnt,I should mention that I use quartus web edition.:(

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have no idea why SBT is trying to generate a .srec file or using nios2elf-objcopy. It should just make an .elf file, and then use nios2-download to send it to the Nios system. Is there any more information on the error, like the fulll command it was trying to execute?

0 Kudos