Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

sopc builder

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello all.. 

please someone explain to me:confused: ...when i run flash program in NIOS II, it happened to write this in console: 

# !/bin/sh# # This file was automatically generated by the Nios II IDE Flash Programmer.# # It will be overwritten when the flash programmer options change.#  

cd C:/Users/shuhaida/Desktop/fypku/cell_score_sw/cell_score_sw/Release# Creating .flash file for the project 

"$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/elf2flash" --base=0x02800000 --end=0x2ffffff --reset=0x2800 

000 --input="cell_score_sw.elf" --output="ext_flash.flash" --boot="C:/altera/91/ 

ip/altera/nios2_ip/altera_nios2/boot_loader_cfi.srec"# Programming flash with the project 

"$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/nios2-flash-programmer" --base=0x02800000 --sidp=0x034410d8 

--id=761933568 --timestamp=1268280966 "ext_flash.flash" 

There are no Nios II processors available which match the values specified. 

Please check that your PLD is correctly configured, downloading a new SOF 

file if necessary.# Creating .flash file for the read only zip file system 

"$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/bin2flash" --base=0x02800000 --location=0x00000000 --input= 

"C:/Users/shuhaida/Desktop/fypku/cell_score_sw/cell_score_sw_syslib/rozipfs.zip" 

--output="rozipfs.flash"# Programming flash with the read only zip file system 

"$SOPC_KIT_NIOS2/bin/nios2-flash-programmer" --base=0x02800000 --sidp=0x034410d8 

--id=761933568 --timestamp=1268280966 "rozipfs.flash" 

file if necessary.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please make sure that you have programmed PLD with valid .sof file before start the flash programming.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Please make sure that you have programmed PLD with valid .sof file before start the flash programming. 

--- Quote End ---  

can u please explain more detail? i started new project with veriloq coding and from there it generated the .sof file...it is correct to programmed PLD by this .sof file? 

plz help me:( ...this is my 1st time using Quartus II, nios II and cyclone II.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you want to program the flash using Nios IDE flash programmer then your FPGA design must have Nios II processor. Before start designing download the .sof file. 

Regards 

Hardik Sheth
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have a look at the messages you get : 

--- Quote Start ---  

file if necessary. 

--- Quote End ---  

it could be that the fpga has no nios configuration during your try to access the flash via command line, in fact the fpga could be empty or has a design without a nios core inside 

or ... 

--- Quote Start ---  

# Programming flash with the project 

--id=761933568 --timestamp=1268280966 "ext_flash.flash" 

--- Quote End ---  

as you use the -timestamp option, the fpga has a different image inside than the one you specified 

for the first possible cause. load the expected fpga image and the try again to programm the flash, for the second cause, update the fpga image or the timestamp value or remoce the timestamp option.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Have a look at the messages you get : 

it could be that the fpga has no nios configuration during your try to access the flash via command line, in fact the fpga could be empty or has a design without a nios core inside 

or ... 

as you use the -timestamp option, the fpga has a different image inside than the one you specified 

for the first possible cause. load the expected fpga image and the try again to programm the flash, for the second cause, update the fpga image or the timestamp value or remoce the timestamp option. 

--- Quote End ---  

i had run the .sof and do the SOPC builder in Quartes II..after that only i do the c programming in NIOS II and faced the problem that i mention earlier.. 

this were my steps: 

1)create new project by open verilog coding 

2)run the programme and assign pin 

3)tool-programmer:run the .sof file 

4)create sopc builder 

5)create c programming in NIOS II and face problem to flash the programme.. 

1st cause:how can i load the expected fpga image? 

2nd cause:how can i do the update?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you using Nios Processor in your design?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Are you using Nios Processor in your design? 

--- Quote End ---  

yes..nios II processor...it will be generate using SOPC builder right? 

plz help me.. 

-thanks a lot-
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

firstly, to be sure there is no board issue and to compare with your own design, try to run simple examples from Altera like : 

- "Hello Nios" as the C project 

- simple NIOS as the HW: http://www.altera.com/support/examples/nios2/exm-small_nios2_hardware.html
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks all.. 

is it necessary to setup control panel? 

i've tried using DE2_70_control_panel.exe and can't download code?how to solve it? 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you want to program the flash using Nios IDE flash programmer then your FPGA design must have Nios II processor. Before start designing download the .sof file. 

Regards 

Hardik Sheth 

--- Quote End ---  

nios II processor i've done using SOPC buider...sof also i've generate in Quartus II..then i start Nios IDE flash programmer...i dont understand about da image Mschmitt said..how can i change it?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

somebody help me...

0 Kudos