Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESamb
Beginner

0xA005005D Error when Trying to Convert Non-RAID System Drive to RAID1 and Preserve Data

I have 2 drives, one is my system drive and the other is a blank unformatted drive. When I try to use the Intel Rapid Storage GUI to create a RAID1, while preserving the system drive data it fails with a 0xA005005D "Unknown Error". All of the threads mentioning this error seem to dead end. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello esambell,

I understand that you are getting an error when trying to create a RAID 1 and preserve data.

Regarding this, in order to better assist you, I would like to request a Intel ® RST system report so that we can analyze the data further. Also, I would like to request screenshots of the disk management, showing the disks that are installed in the system. In order to get to the disk management, you can right-click on the start button at the bottom left and then select "Disk Management".

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

David V
ESamb
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are the requested files.

I also received error 0xA0040002 initially, but after clearing the meta-data on that drive the error changes to 0xA005005D. Restarting the machine will usually lead to the 0xA0040002 error.

idata
Community Manager

Hello esambell,

Thank you for your response.

I would like you try the following:

1 - Please shrink the volume of the drive with the data so you can leave at least 5Mb unallocated.

2 - Open Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology and attempt to create the RAID 1 again.

If the previous steps do not help then please download the following version of Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22194/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22194/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

Make sure to first uninstall the current version before downloading and installing the one I have provided above.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

David V
ESamb
Beginner

This got it! Thanks for your help. Too bad the error messages weren't a bit more specific.

inet
Beginner

I had this exact same problem and tried both of these actions just as you described. Both of them caused my system to enter a state where I could not boot and had to revert to a restore point and cost me a great deal of time. And both still gave me the same 'unknown error' as before. I have a very detailed description posted here:

ESamb
Beginner

Looking at your other post, the difference seems to be that you had 2 drives which were previously configured in a RAID 1. In my scenario I had 2 drives that hadn't been used in a RAID before. One with my data/system and another blank one.

inet
Beginner

Yeah that is one difference, although the "target" drive I reformatted so it is blank.