Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Adding additional raid disk 5

Sal1368
Beginner
Good morning. I have a system with an Asus WS Z390 Pro MB and a Raid 5 with 4 Samsung SSDs. I wanted to add another Samsung SSD to the Raid, but the Intel application Product Version 18.1.1037.0 does not allow me to insert SSD inside the Raid 5 volume. How can I proceed?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sal1368, 

To help you with this process, kindly please share with us your SSU logs. We would also appreciate it if you can share the screenshot of "Manage" and "About" tabs of "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" application. Also, is the additional disk configured in the BIOS properly for Intel RST RAID? You may send a screenshot of this as well. Before proceeding , do you maintain a current back-up of the data in the RAID 5 array? If you haven't already, we highly encourage you to do so. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sal1368, ,  

How are you doing? I am just following up regarding the information we requested. Kindly this details with us so we can help you with adding additional raid disk 5. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Sal1368
Beginner

Hi, 

in questi giorni mi recherò dal cliente e ti aggiorno.

Grazie

Ciao

SA

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sal1368, 

Thank you for responding to us. Feel free to post here the information we have asked once you have it. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sal1368,

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sal1368,

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos