Recently, my system having an issue is when I cold boot my system will hang at BIOS post screen, if leave it system for one mins the system will auto shutdown.
But, if i change Win10 to Enterprise version this issue will not occur again, i just wonder does build with Intel RAID5 are not support with Win10 Pro OS, only for Win10 Enterprise, please help to confirm.
Supermicro X10DRG-Q(BIOS:R2.0B / BMC:R3.45)
1. 3HDDs plug into SSATA and build as RAID 5.
2. Install OS is Win10_64bit(UEFI mode)
3. Intel RAID driver v188.8.131.523
Repro step confirmed with customer side:
1. Setup iSATA/SSATA RAID option ROM as EFI mode.
2. Create RAID5 with Intel RAID utility inside the BIOS
3. Install Win10 with UEFI mode using Win10 USB
4. Boot into OS and shutdown system.
5. Unplug power cable and discharge power.
6. Power on system, then will occur the hang at BIOS post issue.
Kevin.W, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities.
In regard to your inquiry, the version of Intel® RST that you are using should work with Windows® 10 pro and with the chipset your system has, on the link below you will see that it supports any of the Windows® 10 versions:
Now, if the system hangs on the Supermicro splash screen then the problem could be related to the BIOS itself, because at that moment there is no operating system involved and the RST drivers are not loaded yet. So, what we recommend in that case is to do a BIOS update to the latest version available in order to try to fix this problem. Please verify with Supermicro directly which is the latest BIOS version for your system:
http://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/resource_links.cfm Product Resources | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc.
http://www.supermicro.com/about/contact/ Contact Us | About Supermicro - Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Any further questions, please let me know.