Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2045 Discussions

Error code: 0x4E24 (20004) Trying to update to latest RST driver on HP xw8400 win7 64bit

SGorm1
Beginner

In preparation to move a RAID 1 to a larger drive, I was trying to install the latest driver of Rapid Storage Technology

and received Error in device matching. I had checked prior to the install that I had qualified components which for the

HPxw8400 were listed as an Intel 5000X Chipset and a 6321ESB I/O Controller Hub.The PC only has a matched set

of 80GB SATA II drives which is why I need to replace them for more storage.Perhaps I'm making too far a jump on versions

as the unit currently has the older Intel Matrix Storage Manager option rom V5.6.2.10.02. If anyone has an idea or solution it

would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Turbo 2014, I suggest you to try using a previous RST version instead of using version 13.2, may be v11.7 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22194 Intel® Download Center . However, since you have an HP system using a server chipset, it will be necessary to contact them in order to find out which RST version supports your chipset.

0 Kudos