Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe failure at every boot of the system

Cas-K
New Contributor I

Every time my system boots, the event log has 3 separate errors logged for IastorDataMgrSvc.exe. I've seen updates for this exe file; however the system CPU must be generation > 7. I have an I7-7700 installed in my system (see MSinfo32 attachment), so I'm afraid to update my system  with the fixes available from Intel. As you can see from the attachments, I have 2 NVME M.2s and one 3TB HD. The exe file is at least 7 years old (2017), so it's probably 'tired'. 

In spite of the constant errors at bootup, the system seems to survive the errors, however it would be nice to have those errors disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Cas-K,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is your RAID configuration?

2. Did you notice the error after a system update?

3. Was your system working before? If so, when did the issue start?

4. Did you test with Windows 10?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

I have no Raid configuration.

Really don't remember when the errors started to be reported.

The system works without problem, I just don't like seeing these errors being reported.

I did not test with Windows 10, however I think that these errors have been around for some time. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Cas-K,  

Thanks for the response. Based on your issue, please try the following:

1. Manually installing and starting the Intel® RSTe service "IAStorDataMgrSvc " service

• Open Command Prompt in Administrator Mode
  • Type this command: C:\Users\Administrator>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology enterprise\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe"
  • Open Windows Services by holding the "Windows" key and "R" key and typing "services.msc"
  • Look for the "IAStorDataMgrSvc" service, and open it.
  • Set the "Startup Type" to Automatic
  • Start the Service

2. If the issue persists, try the steps from the following article:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

I'm afraid to update device drivers, especially when they involve my "disk" drives. One time that I updated the driver for one of my NVME drives, I lost access to the drive. I think that I will "live" with the current condition and hope for the best.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Cas-K,  

Thanks for your response. I understand that you may not feel comfortable performing the steps provided. Please let me know if you would like to close this thread or if you would like to continue with the support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Cas-K,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

I was hoping that someone other than the moderator would respond, but it doesn't look like it. If you can give it 'life' till the end of the week, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, please close it out.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Cas-K,  

Thanks for your response. I cannot promise to fix the errors for this Friday, however, if you want to proceed, please provide the following:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. What is the tool or program that is reporting the errors?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Cas-K
New Contributor I

Windows 11 is reporting the problem. As I stated in my initial post (Event id 1000), the problem seems to occur at Windows startup. My guess is that  IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe is not "happy" with Windows at startup. I think that there is enough information in the "event" entry that indicates where in IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe the problem occurs. I would think that someone that has the code would be able to determine what that module is trying to do - and diagnose what conditions are causing it to fail.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Cas-K,  

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Cas-K,  

Thanks for your patience. Based on the investigation and the steps that you have performed, I can only advise you to check this issue with Asus since they have to provide you with the driver needed for the tool and features supported by their system.

Bear in mind that we do not have a driver for the 7th-generation processor, Asus should provide you with the driver and instructions needed.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos