Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

IRST HDD SMART ERROR

LuxSparkle
Novice

My HDD can't be found anymore in system and BIOS, but i noticed that if i select "AHCI MODE" , I will not enter my system. So i guess the problem is IRST SETTINGS(IRST can found my HDD), but i don't know how to deal with it

我的硬盘在前几天使用的时候突然卡死,然后系统就识别不出来了,我进入IRST后发现我的硬盘出现了面临危险 SMART事件,重启电脑后我进入到BIOS就发现我的硬盘找不到了。我又重新进入系统后在IRST选择抑制危险,然后IRST里显示的是正常,但是系统里面仍然识别不出来,我试过重装系统,但是没有效果,因此想问问应该怎么解决这个问题

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, LuxSparkle.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support Forums.

We have a specialized community section for Intel Rapid Storage Technology, I will proceed to move your thread there so it can be answered as soon as possible.

In the meantime, it will be very helpful if you can provide us with a full system report using Intel® SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system:

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

LuxSparkle
Novice

I sorry to forget my password that i reply too late,I changed my HDD to SSD and solve these problems

Thank you very much and to my best wishes

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LuxSparkle, 

In addition to the report from the Intel® System Support Utility, please provide the following:

1. What is the version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) installed?

2. Can you tell what was the exact error code that you received?

3. What is your RAID configuration?

4. Are you able to try with a different HDD?

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

LuxSparkle
Novice

Thanks for your help!
I forget my password that i reply too late, I change my HDD to a new SSD(KIOXIA RC10),  my laplop can find my new ssd,so the problem had sovled,.

As for that question:

1: my ver is the newest, whatever i install the newest ver or other ver, this problem still exist

2: sorry, i try to find the error code, but i can't find it everwhere, because of i am a chinese user, the error tips are chinese too, the error code in chinese is "面临危险 SMART事件"but i dont' know how to translate it(I think it not fluently in chinese)

3: I have never try to make a RAID, but because of  this problem, I try to make a RAID in IRST(RAID 1) and the system can't find my HDD too,and the RAID still send error CODE as before

4:that's my resolvent

Thank you very much and to my best wishs

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello LuxSparkle, 

I am glad to hear that the issue was fixed by using a new hard drive (HDD), most of these "SMART" errors are due to a defective hard drive and the best action to take is to perform a backup and replace the drive (as you did).

I will proceed to close this thread, but if you encounter any issues do not hesitate to create a new thread.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos