Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Installing and configuring RST on a ASUS z590-E

ECJ
Beginner

I am building a computer using an ASUS z590-E motherboard.

The goal is to have an M.2 SATA Boot Drive (C:) and to configure 2 1TB SSD drives as RAID for the Drive.

I have done something similar to this before but I can't remember the steps I took to make it work correctly?

I currently have installed Windows 10 Pro on the boot drive (C:) (SATA) but I have not turned on RST or configured it.

Do I need to turn on RST before installing Windows, and if I do that will I still be able to configure the M.2 SSD SATA drive as the boot drive?

I have no problems with reinstalling Windows O/S as I am still working on getting the system set up correctly (i.e. correct software and configuration).

If there is documentation for this please point me to it, and I will follow the install steps.

Thank you

EJ

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please follow the RAID Configuration Guide and/or How to create RAID in BIOS Setup

Although it is possible to configure BIOS and create RAID Array after Windows is installed, it is easier and advised to do this before Windows installation.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please follow the RAID Configuration Guide and/or How to create RAID in BIOS Setup

Although it is possible to configure BIOS and create RAID Array after Windows is installed, it is easier and advised to do this before Windows installation.

Leon

0 Kudos
ECJ
Beginner

Thank you

EJ

0 Kudos