Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management App Questions

DonT54
Beginner

Hello,

I am a new member  as you can probably tell. The reason I am posting here is that I noticed that my Intel Rapid Storage Technology in my Control Panel is reaching its end of life and upon reading the notice it suggested I go to the MS Store and download the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management which I did without any problems. Using Admin. privileges I opened up with no problems. It had my information and said  my storage system was functioning normally. I am not running Optane Memory so clicking on that tells me "feature not supported in ACHI mode. The Create RAID Volume is greyed as I gather that is suppose to be like that.  Now from here I am at a complete loss as to what to do. Now that I have the App installed and it seems to be functioning properly what do I do with the App in my Control Panel that is reaching end of life? Can I just go to Apps in Settings and uninstall it or use Programs and Features to uninstall it or should I just leave it alone and use new App I installed? Will this harm my computer in anyway if I remove the old App or let it stay or corrupt my Win 10? I do a create a system restore point every three days on my computer. I would greatly appreciate any help and info as to what to do. I do apologize if I have not followed the correct format or asked in the wrong location as like I said I am new to the community. I will place my system specs below if that helps.

Respectfully,

Don

HP OMEN Obelisk  875-0034

Operating System  Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU  Intel Core i7 @ 3.00GHz 
          Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM  16.0GB

Motherboard    HP 84FD (U3E1)
Graphics   HP 27sv (1920x1080@60Hz)
                   2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (HP)

Storage     238GB SK hynix BC501 HFM256GDJTNG-8310A (Unknown (SSD))
                   931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 (SATA ) 

Storage
Hard drives
SK hynix BC501 HFM256GDJTNG-8310A (SSD)
Interface Unknown
Capacity 238 GB
Real size 256,060,514,304 bytes
RAID Type None
S.M.A.R.T
S.M.A.R.T not supported

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

DonT54, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

You mentioned, "I do a create a system restore point every three days on my computer", that is a very good practice and we always recommend to back up any important information you might have on your system before trying any changes with the Intel® Rapid Technology application.

Now, in reference to your question, you also said that "I am not running Optane Memory", if that is the case and if you did not create a RAID configuration or you are not working with a RAID volume then yes, as you previously stated you can either go to "Apps in Settings" and uninstall it from there, use the "Programs and Features" option to uninstall it or you can leave it in there and use the Intel® Optane Memory and Storage Management, either way, it will not harm the computer or corrupt Windows in any way.

Due to customizations created by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) of the computer, we also recommend to get in contact directly with them to confirm the details we just provided since they can customize all the features and settings in their laptop it will be better to  verify this information with them before removing the application from the Control Panel:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos