Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2063 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Problem with Raid 0

Felna
Novice

Hey everyone, I'm currently have a problem where my bios doesn't have a raid boot menu option and I want to redo my raid 0 volume, I have tried every possible option like search the bios menu for raid and look the IRST software and none! I can't find any single button that either broke the raid chain or just delete the driver for the SSD. My SSD is Samsung 254GB and WD 512GB. Laptop is Acer Aspire 7 Intel 2023 (A715-76G, I think) .... Can someone help me to fix this issue/problem?? Please

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Felna, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we have checked your logs and it appears that the only storage is "Intel Raid 0 Volume" for the SSDs "Samsung 254GB and WD 512GB" that you have mentioned.

Since there are no other drives listed, we want to confirm if the Windows is installed in the Raid 0 array. If it is, it will not allow the RAID 0 volume to be deleted in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management. Usually, the "Delete Volume" option is in-between "Rename volume" and "Verify volume".

You may find this article helpful specially the option B : How to delete recovery volumes created by Intel® Rapid Storage Technology? . If it was disabled or looks different from your laptop, you might need to contact the OEM for assistance.

Before proceeding, please make sure to back up important data from the RAID 0 array. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Felna
Novice

Felna_0-1714616631333.png

I was told that it should have the menu to delete volume on this menu, but I don't see any at all.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Felna, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. For now, we will be checking this information internally and get back to you on this thread as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Felna
Novice

So, is there any update for me on the current situation with RAID 0? I’m still facing challenges and could use some help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I usually do this from BIOS POST/Setup. In most later UEFI BIOS implementations, there is a BIOS Setup scene for creating/deleting arrays. If none is supplied (i.e. the BIOS is depending upon the RST OpROM for this capability), you use instead CTRL-I (Control Eye) during BIOS POST to invoke this RST OpROM program.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Felna
Novice

I've tried this and it doesn't work either

0 Kudos
Felna
Novice

Hey guys are there any update on the thread?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Felna, 

I apologize if it is taking us some time. Rest assured that I will get back to you on this thread as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Felna
Novice

Hey, Intel Team, it has been 4 days since the last post in this thread, how's going on? Is there any good news?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Felna, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we have checked your logs and it appears that the only storage is "Intel Raid 0 Volume" for the SSDs "Samsung 254GB and WD 512GB" that you have mentioned.

Since there are no other drives listed, we want to confirm if the Windows is installed in the Raid 0 array. If it is, it will not allow the RAID 0 volume to be deleted in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management. Usually, the "Delete Volume" option is in-between "Rename volume" and "Verify volume".

You may find this article helpful specially the option B : How to delete recovery volumes created by Intel® Rapid Storage Technology? . If it was disabled or looks different from your laptop, you might need to contact the OEM for assistance.

Before proceeding, please make sure to back up important data from the RAID 0 array. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Felna
Novice
Yes, indeed my windows was installed on the raid 0. It supposed to have 2 partitions but I combined it to 1 partition and know..... I don't see any delete volume. So I need to reinstall windows by using another storage??? Is it possible if I just devide the partition to 2 and install the windows using one of the partition and delete the raid? Or it will just detect that both of the partition is raid 0?
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Felna, 

Thank you for confirming. For now, I will proceed in coordinating this back with our team along with your additional inquiry in dividing the partitions. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos