Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology D Drive Missing

MChua6
Beginner

Hi,

I have just got an Acer Predator Helios 300 a couple of days ago.

Basically I have the same problem as this guy ( ).

But I am unable to go to this POST that was mentioned.

When I do startup, I click f2 and it sends me to a UEFI boot but doesn't allow me to go to a CTRL+I screen to configure any RAID or such.

Does anyone know how satvik did it? I assume we're using the same system.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team, ailurus. I will do my best to assist you further.

In this case, the best option to solve this issues is to follow the steps provided by Wanner in the thread you mentioned in your original post.

If the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology BIOS extension is not available in your system, it might be that it was removed by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or, the command is different. I understand that you are using the same laptop model as satvik however, your system can be a different revision so this is why this option could be modified.

I recommend you to get in touch withhttps://www.asus.com/support/ ASUS* Support so they can guide you through this process.

Please share with us the outcome.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Why are you hitting F2? Don't do that. When you see BIOS splash screen, repeatedly hit CTRL-I until the RST screen appears.

...S

P.S. You do have RAID enabled in the BIOS, right?

MChua6
Beginner

Hi,

Nothing happens when I hit ctrl+i while booting up. I also don't think it has RAID enabled or an option to.

Attached pictures are what appears on my BIOS. Apologies for the poor lighting.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, ailurus.

If you are not able to get into the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology BIOS extension, as previously mentioned, please get in touch with https://www.asus.com/support/ ASUS* Support so they can provide you with the correct instructions of how to access it.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
MChua6
Beginner

Update: I sent the laptop back to the seller and they fixed it for me.

0 Kudos