Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

NVMe drivers for Core i3-10110U

GB24
Beginner

I have upgraded the SSD on my dell Latitude 3510 with a Samsung 980 PCle 3.0. I'm trying to install W10 but am completely stuck at missing drivers. I get the " A Media Driver your computer needs is missing" message. I have a second USB with various Intel drivers inserted. If I leave the "Hide Drivers that arent compatible" box checked, none of them appear. If I uncheck that and try and install the Intel NVMe driver any way, it tells me to contact my vendor for updated drivers. Which driver should I be trying to install here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GB24
Beginner

Thanks for the reply and the links. I've followed them both, and selected the drivers specific to my Service Tag. Same problem. No version of the IRST driver is being recognised. Nor any other driver.

0 Kudos
Kiriakos-GR
New Contributor I

Find the nearest authorized DELL repair center, and pay so them to fix it. 

Whom told you, that you do qualify so to play the PC doctor? 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Kiriakos-GR 

If you are trying to perform clean installation of Windows 10 on the new SSD drive, you don't need any additional drivers. All necessary drivers are included on the Windows 10 installation USB.

1. I suggest you install Windows using the following method:
2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install the latest version.
3. Your bios should be set to default settings. 
4. With the installation media inserted into the USB slot, power ON your laptop and repeatedly click on F12 to get the Boot Menu.
5. In this menu, choose the UEFI option of your Installation media.
6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.
7. In para. 9 you may enter the Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought .
8. Skip on para. 14 and continue in para. 15. Important, do not format the drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.
9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

10.Once you finished the Windows 10 installation, you should download and install all drivers for your laptop.
The drivers you may find on Dell Download Page for your laptop. You have to manually download and install the Chipset Device Software as a first driver. Once you have this driver installed, reboot your laptop and continue with the other drivers (Graphics, WiFi, etc,...). The sequence of the installation is now not important and you must reboot your laptop only once, after the last driver is installed.

Leon

0 Kudos
Kiriakos-GR
New Contributor I

a)  DELL might using specific BIOS settings prior OS installation

b) DELL will solve the issue faster if they do install system Image instead of step by step OS installation.

We do not have information of any DELL recommendation about the specific laptop ( motherboard ).

Therefore they are significant chances, generic advice's to not apply here.

ACER laptop used to be more easy going at OS re-installation, DELL does lots of tweaking of their own.

0 Kudos