Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2081 Discussions

Platform Not Supported - Installing RST software

Michael60
Beginner

I am trying to install a RAID 5 array on a ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E with 16 GB of memory. The CPU is a 12th Generation i7 - 12700K and the Boot Drive is a Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD.

When I try to install the RST software from the Intel website I get a Platform Not Supported error.

I have used the older Intel Raid software on a Gigabyte Motherboard using a 4th Generation i7 with no problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Michael

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Michael60
Beginner

Here is some more information.

I am running Windows 11 64 bit Professional.

I am attempting to construct a RAID 5 array using 3 WD 4TB HDDs.

I want to have the OS running on the M.2 SSD only.  Drive C:

I want to use the RAID array as data storage only.  Drive

I had this setup running on a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard with an i7-4770K CPU with Windows 10, using a Samsung 860 EVO as the boot drive.

The motherboard started to have issues and I decided to upgrade everything.

Is what I am attempting even possible?

Or should I just use a RAID box?

Thanks In Advance.

Michael

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Michael60,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you with this, please provide the following information:

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Michael60
Beginner

Hi Steven G.,

Thank You for your response.

After reading the RAID instruction manuals from both Intel and ASRock, I was able to get the RAID set up using the Rapid Storage Technology download from the Intel support website. My biggest error was not installing the RST driver before installing Windows 11, this was not necessary when using the earlier RST software I had used years ago.  The driver disk that came with the motherboard referenced the old, end of life software.

So I re-installed Windows 11.

During the Windows install, there were 2 drivers listed , SATA Controller and SATA Managed Controller, I picked the SATA Controller.

These choices were not on either RAID installation manuals.

Once I had the software installed and working and the RAID array rebuilt I have had no issues using the RAID array, so far.

There are a couple of minor BIOS issues:

1.  Storage Configuration  SATA Mode Selection - AHCI is the only choice - RAID is not an option.

2.  SATA3_0 through SATA3_7 are listed as  :Not Detected even though there are HDDs on 0 through 2, an SSD on 3, a DVD drive on      4  and a BluRay drive on 5.

3.  In the Intel Rapid Storage Technology  The RAID Volume is shown along with Non-RAID Physical Drives on SATA 0.3 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB and PCIe 1.0 Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB.  Nowhere can I find the DVD drives listed.

I am using the BIOS that was shipped with the motherboard ver 2.10, I have not updated the BIOS.

It seems to be working ok.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank You.

Michael

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I recommend you to consult with AsRock if a BIOS update it is necessary. We always recommend having the BIOS up to date, since it could include fixes and improvements for your system.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you have any additional concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos