Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Problem persists: This platform is not supported - Intel RST 16.8.3.1003 - via Intel DSA

TimK
Beginner

The problem described in this issue persists. There has been no change. I'm not sure I was expecting anything to change since my last update to that issue, but it has since been closed.

I'm raising a new issue as requested.

So far I have:

- Verified I have the latest installed DSA

- Uninstalled and re-installed the latest DSA

- Provided a detailed system report

- Provided a zip of my installed C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA directory

If there is anything at all I can do to help further diagnose, I'm happy to do so.

If the simpler solution is to simply uninstall Intel RST entirely, perhaps that is the best way forward.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

TimK, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates, we will more than glad to further assist you with this matter.

Based on the steps provided previously, we will do further research on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution to this problem.

In order for us to be able to do that, besides the files that you already gave us, could you please provide the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log

Just to confirm, did you test the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant tool with the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Edge?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
TimK
Beginner

I've been using Chrome exclusively. It's never been a problem before.

I've tried Edge just now and it reports the same. I have no reason to believe that installing Firefox will yield anything different.

I'm unable to locate any such DSAUninstaller.log on my system

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

TimK, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Even though you mentioned you already tried this before, please install the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant Uninstaller, run it and let us know if in fact the tool was uninstalled and then look for the logs, they should be in File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log, it should be there now:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
TimK
Beginner

Hi Alberto, the uninstaller you referenced is version  20.1.5.6

Date: 2/3/2020

Is that intentional?  The download page indicates a newer version of the uninstsaller exists..

In any case.. I've uninstalled with version 20.1.5.6

The DSAUninstaller.log is attached.

0 Kudos
TimK
Beginner

For completeness, I subsequently used the newer DSAUninstaller version 20.7.26.6 (6/24/2020)

I've attached the DSAUninstaller.log from that also.

The uninstaller then referred me to the latest DSAInstaller, which I have dutifully reinstalled.

Again, no change whatsoever. I am told that 1 update is available as follows

Description:
The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) Driver (16.8.2.1002) supports the configuration and enabling of system acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory and maintenance of RAID 0/1/5/10.
Version:
Release date:
12/06/2019
Size:
21.02 MB

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28671

That update still fails in the same way, not supported.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi TimK, Thank you very much for providing the reports.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
TimK
Beginner

@Alberto_Sykes  Any update on this?

Two quick questions if I may..

1. Is there any benefit in having the RST drivers installed at all? In what scenario exactly are they of benefit?

2. If I uninstall those drivers entirely, will IDSA stop nagging me to "update" those drivers?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

My responses:

1. Unless you are using RAID or Optane, you have no need to install Intel RST at all. Once upon a time, the Intel Storage driver was faster than the standard Microsoft Storage driver, but performance has been on par for a long time now.
  2. Yes, it will only nag you for those items in the database that are detailed as required. Optional packages are ignored unless installed.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
TimK
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello TimK, Thank you very much for your patience, let me apologize for any inconvenience.

I just wanted to let you know that we are still currently working on this case, the research on this matter is still ongoing. As soon as I get any further details I will post all the updates on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos