Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

RST service Not running with new SSD SATA

ESanc26
Beginner

I recently changed my secondary drive form HDD to a SSD, now there is a small icon that shows that RST service is not running. I tried to update, to change settings/preferences to automatic and also to initiate it manually through the services window. It starts but after one second it stops.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Why do you have the RST package installed? You should only have it installed if you are using RAID or you have either an Optane Memory module of a Optane Memory SSD installed. If you meet none of these criteria, uninstall the package; you don't need it and it is doing nothing for you.

...S

0 Kudos
ESanc26
Beginner

Thank you! I'm no expert in this matter, I don´t know why I have it. The new SSD (Ultimate SU800) uses 3D Nand, and the other SSD is a SATA M.2, both on an Inspiron Dell Laptop. I've checked and it seems that I don´t have an Optane Memory module and I'm not using RAID.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ah, it's a Dell. Dell has this horrible, annoying habit of clumping together all of the packages that might be used with a particular model, regardless of whether or not your particular SKU of this laptop has all of these features enabled/installed. Unless you plan to use RAID or Optane, you shouldn't be told to install RST (yet they do tell you that).

...S

0 Kudos