Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Raid 5 rebuild failure

Bazmax
Beginner

Raid 5 notified as volume as degraded and marking the failed disk as normal begins rebuilding that soon fails again. 

The obviously failed disk was physically removed and replaced with an identical new disk and the process of rebuilding to another disk started.  This was tried many times and worked as expected right up to the point where the new disk was selected and yes given to start the rebuild.  However each attempt to actually start the rebuild resulted in a Windows 10 blue screen marked "PNP Detected Fatal Error".

All the usual antivirus, firewall and other security bits and pieces have been disabled but alas its still  blue screen to blue screen.

So what am I doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bazmax
Beginner

Found out what I was doing wrong;  not taking the new drive back to the supplier!

Supplier checked it, whoops faulty, replaced it and the replacement in now happily rebuilding in my system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bazmax
Beginner

Found out what I was doing wrong;  not taking the new drive back to the supplier!

Supplier checked it, whoops faulty, replaced it and the replacement in now happily rebuilding in my system.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Bazmax, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the RAID configuration after replacing the drive is now working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos