Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Rapid technology Mirror issue

BAL-H1
Beginner

Hello, first of all thank you for reading this.

I bought less than a year ago an acer predator 17.

Acer Predator 17 G9-793

Windows 10 Home

Intel core i7-6700HQ

Nvidia GeForce GTX1060

8GB DDR4 Memory

128GB Storage + 1000GB HDD

Yesterday a notification of intel appears I click on it not really knowing what I'm doing, I read that i can turn my two disk into one volume, which i did again not really knowing what I was doing.

Now i lost access to my HDD, I can't go back ( at least I don't know how), only one disk appears in my storage and i don't know what to do.

Thank you again, to all those who will take the time to read my post.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Nos03,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I understand you had selected to mirror the system. Let me help you on this matter.

RAID1 or mirror will require minimum of two drives, this means you had 128GB Storage + 1000GB HDD and the system created one drive with 119 GB of size.

I am not familiar with the computer BIOS configuration but you need to access the RAID BIOS utility and set disks to Non-Raid. This will detach disks off the RAID volume.

In order to enter the RAID BIOS you normally hit CTRL + I, you may need to check with http://community.acer.com/ Acer for further instructions.

Hope it helps.

Allan J.
BAL-H1
Beginner

Thank you a lot I'll try that immediately.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Nos03,

Yes, please try it and let me know your findings.

Thank you for your time.

Allan J.

BAL-H1
Beginner

hello again, so I tried CTRL+I but it seem that with acer it's not possible to access the RAID BIOS that way, I tried to follow the solution provided http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Predator-G9-793-78CM-Disable-Raid-0/m-p/494000 here, but I wasn't able to access the RAID BIOS either way.

I tried to use the RST but couldn't access it either.

So I'm stuck again.

Thanks again for your help.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If RAID is not enabled in BIOS, it won't support pressing CTRL-I. Look for this parameter in the SATA configuration parameters in BIOS. Change mode from AHCI to RAID.

Hope this helps,

...S

BAL-H1
Beginner

it was already the RAID mode, still I can't use CTRL+I, and I can't modify it because it's all gray.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Then it's time to contact your vendor's customer support and ask how it is done...

BAL-H1
Beginner

Thanks to all of you, I was able to fix my problemes.

For all of those that might have the same issue http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/RAID-issue/m-p/523515# M6190 here's a link to my salvation ^^.