Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

SAMSUNG Magician Compatibility Issue / Samsung SSD 850 EVO mSATA 500GB

Marababol
Beginner

SAMSUNG Magician Compatibility Issue / Samsung SSD 850 EVO mSATA 500GB

"DRIVER | Intel Corporation 12.9.4.1000 //
Under the current system environment, some functions in Magician CANNOT be run."

I checked and it is already running IRST version 12.9.4.1000 so I do not know what is wrong.
I'm using latest Windows 10 Pro version 21H2.
Thank you in advance for your help!

==============================

More information:

What is the model of the motherboard? Model 6-71-(15E0-D06 6-71-P15E0-D05A

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? SAGER NP9150 (Clevo P150em)

What is the version of the SAMSUNG Magician currently being used? version 7.1.1.820

Is this a new computer? No

When did you purchase it? approximately 9 years old (2013)

Just to make sure, the problem is that after installing the Intel® RST software/driver the SAMSUNG Magician does not work properly? Is that correct? Please provide a detailed description of the problem.

SAMSUNG Magician is informing the following issue:

"There is a reported compatibility issue:

DRIVER | Intel Corporation 12.9.4.1000 //
Under the current system environment, some functions in Magician CANNOT be run. To enable these Magician functions and ensure optimal performance it is recommended to: Visitwebsite below and update driver to the latest version:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/-RST"

>>> I checked my system and it appears that Intel® RST 12.9.4.1000 is already installed.

>>> So I do not know what is exactly wrong and why I am getting this error message.

Was SAMSUNG Magician working fine before? Yes when I was still using Windows 7. It is also working under Windows 10 but this little problem appears and I don't know what's wrong. 

When did the issue start? I don't know. I only noticed it today.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue? No

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10 Pro version 21H2

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Home

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

>>>> See file attached (SSU.Report.txt)

Please help... Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Marababol,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• Have you reported this issue to Samsung support? 
  • Is the Intel® RST software working fine on your system?

It seems you are using an old version of Intel® RST, which is no longer available in our Download Center, therefore, it is very possible there would be no fix for issues (if any), since there are newer versions for non-discontinued Intel processor generations.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Marababol
Beginner

Hey Steven,

To answer your queries:

• Have you reported this issue to Samsung support?  Yes, I've sent a report to Samsung but they have not replied back yet.
  • Is the Intel® RST software working fine on your system? Yes, Intel® RST appears to be working fine.

With regards to your observation that I am using an old version of Intel® RST - Yes you are correct that this is an older version. I did an Intel Driver Support Assistant check and it reports that all my drivers are up-to-date for my system. I also manually downloaded the latest version of RST from your website but when I attempt to install I get an alert that it will not work on my system. Perhaps this version of Intel® RST I have on my computer which is IRST version 12.9.4.1000 is probably the last version that is compatible with my system.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

As you mentioned before, the latest version of RST will not work on your system, since it is not compatible. 

Since the Intel® RST software is working fine on your system, our best recommendation is to get further support from Samsung, as their software is the one failing to work properly.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos