Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2089 Discussions

Trouble with Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management email through Exchange Online SMTP

GraniteStateColin

I have set up Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management SMTP configuration using the addresses per Microsoft's Guidelines for sending mail from SMTP enabled appliances to local recipients (recipients on the same email domain as the sending system). But according to Microsoft's mail tracing, Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management is not sending any messages to the server. Do I have something misconfigured in Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management? 

This is using Option #2 in Microsoft's instructions here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-microsoft-365-or-office-365 

Here's my setup in Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management (just blacked out the private parts):

GraniteStateColin_0-1691930135176.png

Is there anything else I should need to do? I did make sure to add an Outbound rule to the Windows Defender Firewall so that traffic could leave the reporting PC on port 25 (not sure if that was needed, but did it just to be certain it's not a firewall issue). 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GraniteStateColin, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, could you please provide the Intel® RST version you are working with? From the picture you provided above, please select the option that says "About" and share a screenshot of the information shown there.

Also, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GraniteStateColin

Product Version 19.0.1042.0, Driver version 19.5.2.1049:

GraniteStateColin_0-1692112465653.png

Before running SSU, can you tell me if I even have the email sending configured correctly? How SHOULD I use that? Maybe there's nothing wrong with the program and I'm just doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GraniteStateColin, Thank you very much for providing the picture.

Sure, I will double-check the email-sending settings and confirm, as you mentioned, if they are configured correctly. As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello GraniteStateColin, I just received an update on this matter.

In reference to this scenario, after reviewing the case, we just wanted to let you know that this feature is not working, it is an expected behavior for the option not to work, the only notification method is by Microsoft Notification, as you can confirm in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057582/technologies/intel-rapid-storage-technology-intel-rst.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @GraniteStateColin   

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance with other matters in the meantime, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos