Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Where does one download the Intel RST software (UI)?

_Adam
Novice

Hello!

I have an older Dell XPS8910 desktop.  When I initially bought it years ago, I set up RAID1 using two HDDs and had Intel software (I believe it was call Intel Rapid Storage Technology - v15.9.0.1015) that was monitoring the array and would notify me on rare occasion when something went wrong with the array and needed to be rebuilt, etc.

I recently replaced the HDDs with SSDs - also in a RAID1 configuration - and everything appears to be running just fine, so far.  However, I can't seem to find the Intel software - with the UI - that would show me the array and green check marks and such to confirm the array is healthy.  The UI looked like this and this.  

Can someone please help me figure out exactly what I need to download to get this software?  I've downloaded and installed the package Dell provides for my model, but it seems to be the drivers only.

Thanks!

-Adam

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello _Adam,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please be informed that systems running driver version 15.9.x, 16.0.x, 16.5.x, or 16.7.x should update to the latest version. Newer platforms can go here for the latest driver package.

Please note that Intel recommends that end users utilize driver updates provided by their system manufacturer/provider or via Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. System manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. In such cases, use of the Intel generic driver update is not recommended.

To further note, before installing these applications or requesting technical support from Intel, first contact your system manufacturer. They may provide software that is specifically configured for your system.

Also, before you proceed please make sure that your data has a backup.

Therefore, it is best to reach out to your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your device. Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
_Adam
Novice

Thanks, Jay.  I already have the driver (v16.8.3.1003) provided by Dell installed.  I'm really just looking for the desktop app/utility that was shown in the links I posted previously.  I had it installed previously (I don't remember if I got it from Dell or here from Intel support).

Anyway, if there's a way to get the software (UI, not drivers), I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks,

-Adam

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello _Adam,

If you need to UI, you can download "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" in Microsoft Store. Also, it appears that you have an older Intel RST driver and it is better for you to check with Dell due to possible customization done on their end.

You may consider the link below for the latest driver but please be advised that it is a non-Intel website. It is best to coordinate with Dell for what would their recommendations be.

You do have two options on where to download the UI its either from MS Store or from Dell. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=yjwr3

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9mzng5hzwz1t?hl=ms-MY&gl=US

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
_Adam
Novice

Thanks, Jay!

I've sent an email request to Dell.  The link you provided doesn't show the XPS 8910 as a "compatible system."  I realize it might still work, but don't want to risk hosing my new Windows installation.

Is Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management the successor to Intel Rapid Storage Technology?  I ask because I'm confident the software I had installed was named the latter as shown in the links.  It's confusing to me because the software and drivers seem to be named the exact same thing(?).

Anyway, I appreciate your time and effort!

-Adam

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello _Adam,

"Intel Rapid Storage Technology" software/UI is the older version. "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" is the newer utility. At this rate, it is best to coordinate with Dell moving forward for the designed tool for your XPS 8910 desktop.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos