Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4792 Discussions

Difficulty Installing Website on Intel-Based Server: Seeking Assistance

joephill3
Beginner

I have encountered a perplexing issue while attempting to install my website on an Intel-based server, and I'm seeking guidance from the community to resolve it.

Background: I am in the process of deploying my website onto a server powered by Intel architecture. The website is built using PHP, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, with a MySQL database backend. I've successfully tested the website on local environments, but I'm facing challenges during the installation on the Intel-based server.

Problem Details: Here are the specifics of the issue I'm encountering during the installation process:

1. Server Configuration: The server runs on an Intel processor (specifications provided in the post) with Linux (or Windows) OS installed.

2. Installation Process: I've followed the typical installation procedures, including uploading the website files, configuring the database settings, and ensuring necessary permissions are set.

3. Error Encountered: However, during the installation, I consistently encountered an error related to the database connectivity or file permissions. The error message is

Error Establishing a Database Connection

We were unable to connect to the database. Please check your database settings or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

Request for Assistance: I am seeking guidance and suggestions from the Intel community regarding potential causes and solutions for this installation problem. Are there any specific considerations or optimizations required for deploying a website on Intel-based servers that I might be overlooking? Additionally, are there any compatibility issues or server configurations unique to Intel architecture that could be causing this issue?

Any help, advice, or insights from those experienced with deploying websites on Intel servers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support and guidance!

Please let me know if you need further details or information to assist me in resolving this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact your ISP, not Intel.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Vipin_Singh1

Hi Joe, we would like to inform you that we are routing your query to the dedicated team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
joephill3
Beginner

Thank you for your prompt response and for routing my query to the dedicated team for further assistance. I greatly appreciate your attention to this matter.

As I await further guidance from the dedicated team, I want to emphasize the urgency of resolving this issue as it's crucial for the successful deployment of my website on the Intel-based server.

If there's any additional information or specific details required from my end to assist in diagnosing and resolving this problem, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm more than willing to provide any necessary details, logs, or access permissions to expedite the troubleshooting process.

I am eager to receive insights or recommendations from the team regarding potential causes or configurations specific to Intel-based servers that might be contributing to the "Error Establishing a Database Connection" issue during the website installation.

Once again, thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your team's guidance to help resolve this situation promptly.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Joephill83,

Good day!

Apologies for the delay in response. Could you please share the system details you are using?

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Joe,

Greetings!

Check if the server's CPU and RAM can handle the workload.

Ensure there's sufficient RAM for everything running on the server.

Check if the storage (HDD or SSD) is keeping up with the demands, especially for the database.

Make sure the server's internet connection isn't causing problems accessing the website.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Joe,

Greetings!

We have not received a response from you, and therefore, we will be closing your case. 

If you require further assistance, please reply to this email, and we will either reopen your existing case or create a new one to continue providing support.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos