Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4792 Discussions

Help Needed: Lagging, Heating, and Frame Rate Drop Issues in Red Dead Redemption 2 on Intel Xeon Lap

emilyawalker
Beginner

Hey everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been experiencing while playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on my laptop. Despite having an Intel Xeon processor, I'm encountering significant lagging, heating, and frame rate drop problems that are impacting my gaming experience.

Here are the details of my setup:

Processor: Intel Xeon processor

RAM: 8 GB

Graphics card: Intel Graphic

Operating system: Window 11

Whenever I launch Red Dead Redemption 2, the game runs smoothly initially, but after a few minutes of gameplay, I start experiencing lag spikes, noticeable heating around the laptop, and significant frame rate drops, especially during intense action sequences or when exploring dense areas of the game world.

I've tried various troubleshooting steps, including:

Updating graphics drivers to the latest version

Adjusting in-game graphics settings to lower levels

Monitoring CPU and GPU temperatures using software utilities

Checking for background processes that may be consuming system resources

Ensuring proper ventilation and airflow around the laptop

However, despite my efforts, the issues persist, and I'm at a loss for what to do next. I'm hoping that someone in the community might have encountered similar problems or has some expertise in troubleshooting gaming performance issues on Intel Xeon laptops.

So, I'd greatly appreciate any advice, tips, or suggestions on how to address the lagging, heating, and frame rate drop issues in Red Dead Redemption 2 on my intel xeon processor 

. Whether it's specific settings tweaks, hardware upgrades, or software optimizations, I'm open to trying anything that could help improve my gaming experience.

Thank you in advance for your help and support!

Best regards,

emilyawalker

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Emilyawalker,

Good day!!

Please note this is follow-up post, kindly help us with the below details.

1.Processor Details

2.System Details

Regards,

Salman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello emilyawalker, 

Since you are using an Intel Xeon Processor, I want to let you know that we have a dedicated forum for this type of issue where you can get faster answers. I am moving this to the Server Forum for you.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Emilyawalker,

Good Day!!

Thank you for posting on Intel Community.

Please confirm whether you are using Workstation or Laptop, and also, we request you to please share the below details.

1. Processor Details
  2. System Details

Regards,

Salman.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Emilyawalker,

Good day!!

Please note this is follow-up post, kindly help us with the below details.

1.Processor Details

2.System Details

Regards,

Salman

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Emilyawalker,

Greetings for the day!

We would like to inform you that we are closing this request as no response has been received from our previous follow-ups. Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Salman.

0 Kudos