Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

Intel 82576 NICs not showing anymore

KFaro
Beginner

Hi,

Last night I have been messing around with a Dell C6100 units with four nodes with each two 82576 adapters. At some point I installed PROset one of the nodes in order to try out teaming. Later I decided teaming was not needed any stupidly decided to remove the teaming software - without removing the 2 adapters from the team - result is that I now have one node which is under the impression that it has no network cards.

Re-installing PROset fails because no adapters could be found, I took a drive out of another node (with and without proset installed) to see if this would uncover anything - but no luck. It seems something has been written to the cards so that they will not announce themselves anymore.

I just figured out that a BIOS re-flash might solve things, but on the other hand I guess that might not flip the bit I need on the NIC's - will try that tommorow!

Anybody have a clue what I could do to get the adapters alive again?

ufear

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

I don't think any change is made on hardware side when teaming 2 adapters.

You can try to remove/reinstall NIC drivers from device manager. There should be a virtual adapter when you create the team. You may also try to post the question in the

http://communities.intel.com/community/wired/ Wired Ethernet forum.

KFaro
Beginner

There are no devices in the device manager anymore - not a virtual adapter nor are the 'real' adapters shown anywhere - if I add them manually they will not appear in control panel so no option to reach the software from there.

I reflashed the BMC and BIOS and this did not have any impact.

Will post the question in the wired ethernet forum as well, but answers still welcome!