Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4886 Discussions

Oracle Licensing and MCM 'Multi-Chip-Module'

LarryBlanco
Novice

We are looking at buying intel CPUs for a cluster of HPE DL320s and need to confirm whether the following CPU is either a 'Single-Chip-Module' or a 'Multi-Chip-Module'. If it's a Multi-Chip-Module how many are there on the processor? 

Intel Xeon Gold 6544Y

Intel Xeon Gold 6548N

Intel Xeon Gold 6548Y+

Intel Xeon Gold 6530

Also, is there a way or method to determine this outside the forum?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry

0 Kudos
10 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello LarryBlanco,

Thank you for posting in the community!

To ensure you receive the most specialized assistance, we have a dedicated forum that addresses these specific concerns. Therefore, I will be moving this discussion to our Server Forum. This will allow our knowledgeable community and experts to provide you with timely and accurate solutions.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi LarryBlanco,

Thank you for contacting Intel Servers Community.

For your information, Intel® Xeon® Gold 6544Y, Intel® Xeon® Gold 6548Y+, ® Xeon® Gold 6548N and Intel® Xeon® Gold 6530 is 5th Gen Emerald Rapids. 

For your reference, you can check details in below technical resources links to obtain the information required. Besides that, you can use the advance search feature in ARK to compare the processors specifications.

Please note that access to some of this document requires Resource & Design Center access. 

You can sign in or learn more here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/developer-sign-in.html

Additionally, a corporate non-disclosure agreement may be necessary. 

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco
Novice

Thank you for the information, I combed through this and it doesn't provide whether or not the processor is either:

MCC - Single Monolithic Die

EE LCC - Single Monolithic Die

XCC - Two-Tile Die

XCC- Four Tile Die

I'm just looking for a resource where I can get this information to make an informed decision toward which Processor I should be purchasing. 

maybe I overlooked it, and you can point that out to me.

Thank you,

Larry B.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello LarryBlanco,

Greetings for the day!!

We are currently reviewing this matter. Please allow us some time, and we will check and get back to you as soon as possible. If you have any further questions or additional information to share.

Please feel free to respond to this email at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos
Subhashish
Employee

Hello LarryBlanco,

Greetings for the day!

Hope you are doing Well.

We acknowledge receipt of your query; however, further clarification is required from your end to adequately address and update your inquiry. It has come to our attention that you are interested in procuring the specified processors for your HPE DL320s server clusters. Could you kindly provide additional details regarding your inquiry? Specifically, we would appreciate elaboration on the reasons prompting your search for this information and the factors or requirements you are considering. These factors may include performance, scalability, reliability, compatibility, or compliance issues. Understanding the specific considerations driving your inquiry will enable us to provide you with relevant and valuable information. Therefore, we kindly request that you elaborate on the aspects you are evaluating, ensuring that the information sought aligns with your needs and objectives.

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Regards,

Subhashish_Intel.

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco
Novice

This would be a compliance issue. I need to make sure I adhere to Oracle licensing when it comes to processors:  Database Licensing (oracle.com)

Specifically this line: 
"When licensing Oracle programs with Standard Edition
One, Standard Edition 2 or Standard Edition in the product name, a processor is
counted equivalent to a socket; however, in the case of multi-chip modules, each
chip in the multi-chip module is counted as one occupied socket. "

Thank you,

Larry B.

MariusBurz
Beginner
We are also interested on finding it out which Intel Xeon CPUs are single chip, for the exactly same reasons (thanks Oracle, this is really helpful).
0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Larry,

Greetings for the day!

Regarding the query that you raised with us, we would like to recommend you to check the Thermal Mechanical Specification and Design Guide Rev. 3.3. This is available in Intel RDC. However you must have an active NDA signed with Intel to access this information from RDC. 

Emerald Rapids and Sapphire Rapids processors employ different architectures. Emerald Rapids is a single-dielet package processor. It is not a MCP processor. The die construction is a single monolithic chip with a full mesh architecture which allows up to 32 active cores. This single die construction enhances the overall yield of the product. On the other hand, Sapphire Rapids+HBM is a MCP processor.

Hope this information helps.

Please feel free to reply to this email. We're here to assist you every step of the way.

Best Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi Larry,

Warm greetings and good day to you.

We would appreciate if you could provide us an update regarding your query. If all is good, we would like to obtain your approval to close this thread from our end.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos
Ragulan_Intel
Employee

Hi LarryBlanco,

Greetings!

Kindly note that as we have not received any response from you. We will go ahead to close this request. 

You may receive an invitation to take a survey in a few days. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your support experience.

Regards,

Ragulan_Intel

0 Kudos