Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

RAID 1 support HNS2600TP24SR server

SPitt
Beginner

Hello there,

Can someone tell me if the Intel HNS2600TP24SR server node supports RAID 1? We want to place a set of 2 OS disks in RAID 1 and a set of 2 data disks in RAID 1. So 2 RAID 1 sets on the LSI3008 onboard controller.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Sandro,

The Intel® Compute Module HNS2600TP24SR comes with a 12G SAS/PCIe* SFF

Combo Bridge Board and it does support RAID 1, you can confirm this information https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600TP_HNS2... here page17.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
SPitt
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for your quick answer. When I boot into the Avago Config Utility, there's no option for RAID1.

SPitt
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

The "12G SAS Bridge Board" supports RAID 0,1 and 10 but the "12G SAS/PCIe* SFF Combo Bridge Board" doesn't. The "12G SAS/PCIe* SFF Combo Bridge Board" is the default card and the "12G SAS Bridge Board" is optional for some types, but not for the HNS2600TP24SR. So I think it isn't possible.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Best Regards,

Sandro Pitta

idata
Community Manager

Hello Sandro,

First, I would like to apologize for the miscommunication, after further review, the Spare 12Gb/s SAS/PCIe* SFF combo bridge board for Intel® Compute

Module HNS2600TP24R doe does not have RAID support. Only supported in dual processor configuration. You can check this information on page 28 https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/S2600TP_HNS2... here.

Best regards,

Sergio S.